• 3000 sqft , 2 bath , 3 bdrm 2 story – FOR SALE USD715,000 . Compare to Hermosa Palms million $$ homes!!!
in Hermosa Beach, Playa Hermosa
Nov. 3, 2022: EXCLUSIVE LISTING! A fantastic opportunity to own a 100% FULLY TITLED BEACHFRONT (only 7% in CR!) 3+ bedrm very comfy home, only 30 steps to the soft sands of Costa Rica’s famous area of Playa Hermosa (de Garabito, in the Central Pacific, Puntarenas, Costa Rica). This huge flat lot, with its home wisely centered in 14,000 sq.ft/ 1300m2 (almost 1/3 acre) lush greenery, features a beautifully designed large pool next to the kid’s playhouse WITH a pool slide, & almost directly below the 2nd story oceanview customized deck with bar/kitchen/bbq area, still big enough to add a potential 2nd master bdrm!
Solar power? Yes it works perfectly, & pays for almost 2/3 of the monthly electric bill. These Sellers rarely rented out their home, so over the past 11 years, maintenance was owner supervised and it shows!
All 3 bedrooms are conveniently located downstairs, featuring a good sized master bdrm (king bed of course!) with an ocean view; pool view & a quick entrance to the pool thru the sliding glass doors. The attached walk-in closet is large enough for 2 styling folks, the master bath features a bathtub and an excellent shower with great pressure.
The 2nd bedroom for their daughter offers a comfy queen size bed; lots of shelving & closet space, and very close to the 2nd bathroom.
The 3rd bedroom offers the option: bedroom or office– featuring a “Sarchi” custom comfy Murphy bed for added room and comfort–or use the custom hardwood desk fulltime, your choice!!
Need a 4th bdrm? There are many easy ways to do this, either ground level in the big yard, attached to bdrm 2, or upstairs-by remodeling the deck, and enjoy facing the gorgeous Playa Hermosa!
The quality furniture & modern stainless steel appliances are included in the sale (except for personal items mentioned in the Inventory list), HOWEVER INCLUDED IS the best outdoor furniture you’ll ever experience, made by Castelle, known for handcrafted luxury outdoor patio furniture for over 40 years. Experience this quality both upstairs in the gorgeous deck & by the pool.
The N. American open style spacious living room & gourmet kitchen includes upgraded solid Costa Rican hardwood kitchen cabinetry; stainless steel appliances, high grade tile floors, stylish furnishings, xlnt air conditioning & extra kitchen space provided by the recently built Pantry/Laundry, which also includes a full size modern washer & dryer.
Extremely low annual property taxes ($800 annually) & NO hoa fees, are just a few of the amenities that come with this luxury beach front home and you’ll appreciate how your investment dollars will grow, especially since 2021, this gorgeous, Playa Hermosa was designated in 2021 as a World Surfing Reserve: THE FIRST IN CENTRAL AMERICA & the eleventh globally. The US non-profit organization “Save the Waves Coalition” granted this award, & now with Hermosa’s famous turtle egg-laying season, this guarantees this home/area as a tourist destination, forever!
Do you crave gorgeous sunsets while walking on a beach? Or like me, are you a beachcomber with a camera, and endless subject matter, with few people nearby, its almost like your own private beach, except of course for the v-shaped rows of 30 (or more) pelicans, as they glide down from up high to skim the waves. Or perhaps you prefer witnessing 30 baby turtles clawing their way thru mama’s nest and then make a mad dash to see who gets their first chance to catch waves as they boldly defy the vultures & hawks divebombing for their breakfast.
Besides these waters offering world class surfing, one must remember that twice daily are low tides, thus providing an excellent time for family frolicking in the surf.
For your convenience, in Hermosa, a short distance away by car or walking, there are two mini markets, 3 quality beachfront restaurants including Vida Hermosa with fun, music and great vibes and only 2 minutes away, you can walk from your living room & pick up the hot thin crusted pizza, at the Hotel Tramonto, offering other fine italian specialties too. Also in Hermosa are 2 other pizza delivery places, an excellent Sushi Bar, a quality ice-cream/gelato dessert place, as well as unique tourist souvenir stores just a few minutes away.
The best part is having the peace & quiet of Playa Hermosa and yet, only 11 minutes to the north, is Costa Rica’s most popular oceanside community of Jaco beach, offering practically everything, from air-conditioned movie theatre, hardware stores, nearby family attractions, wide variety of restaurants, bars & bakeries at all price points, stores of all types; medical services for humans & pets (vets, dental, chiro, acupunture, md’s, macrobiotic stores) plus our famous farmers’ market-feria on Thurs. & Fridays offering fresh juices, rangefed chicken-beef; fresh bagels to tamales to german sausages to excellent real organic produce!
Golf anyone, 18 holes while seeing exotic animals? OR deep sea fishing? This is available only 18 minutes away in the famous Los Sueños Golf & Marina Resort!
Please note that 4 hours south of Playa Hermosa is the border with Panama, & almost all of the beachfront to the border lies in the “concession zone-zona maritima”. After 28 years here in Costa Rica, i would never allow a friend/relative buy in this restricted zone! Ask your lawyer about this, oh, yes. we have several bi-lingual attorneys that we trust!
This special property can be your retirement home, a second home or simply a great rental income generator as this area is very popular with people coming back, year after year– they have
learned to make their reservations early for Hermosa! Yes, honest, property management teams are available, as the neighbors can attest.
Says the Sellers: “Hi Jeff, tell your clients
1) We did a fairly major remodeling of the house 8 years ago. All of the appliances were replaced, the kitchen was remodeled and the laundry room addition was made. We spent about $35,000 on the remodel & additional appliances. At that time we also replaced some of the furniture – couch, kitchen table, and the custom Murphy bed from the best place in Sarchi!.
We also added the back shed as well at that time.
2. The solar equipment is a 110 kW solar edge system that was installed in November 2013. The cost of installation was $31,500. One of the inverters was replaced about 5 years under warranty.
This solar system has paid for itself 1.5 times, by reducing our monthly bills since it’s installation!
3. The pool was partially retiled to replace some loose tile, and general maintenance was completed in 2021.
4. Since there is no HOA here, only 4 homes share the cost of local service providers:
Estimated Monthly expenses:
1) Annual property taxes for this beachfront home is a super deal, at $800 per year. Ahem yes only, $800, TITLED beachfront 1300m2/14,000sq.ft, w/ 3000 sqft well constructed/maintained home!
2) Guards are $250 per month per home!
3) Landscaping and pool $350 per month or do it yourself and save!
4) Our electrical costs are less than $200 per month and we are at the house full-time and use the AC religiously!
5) Water comes from CR’s system municipal system, AyA, it’s connected to the recently improved water delivery system from the road. Average monthly bill is $40!
6. We have put about $5000 into the roof in the past couple of years for a few sections that needed repair. Air conditioners were replaced in the last 4 years and are regularly maintained. The office
air conditioner might need to be replaced. A new dishwasher was installed last year.
We loved this home & this beach, and we know the next owners will too!”
Do not delay, Call for private showings!
And sorry, no owner financing!a
WhatsApp: +506 8388-5055 (widely used in Costa Rica-free int’l calls!
Office # 011 Country Code (506) 4700-1010