• 3000 sqft , 2 bath , 3 bdrm 2 story – FOR SALE USD698,000 . Compare to Hermosa Palms million $$ homes!!!
in Hermosa Beach, Playa Hermosa
Nov. 15, 2022: Price Reduced to $698k! EXCLUSIVE LISTING! A fantastic opportunity to own a 100% FULLY TITLED BEACHFRONT (only 7% in CR!) 3+ bedrm very comfy home, only 30 steps to the soft sands of Costa Rica’s famous area of Playa Hermosa (de Garabito, in the Central Pacific, Puntarenas, Costa Rica). This large lot wisely has the home centered in the 14,000 sq.ft/ 1300m2 (1/3 acre) of greenery & features a large pool next to the kid’s playhouse WITH a pool slide! The 2nd story oceanview customized deck overlooks the pool, & has a bar/kitchen/bbq, yet big enough to add a potential 2nd master bdrm!
Solar power works great & pays for 2/3 of the monthly electric bill! Owners also save money by having every window tinted; this works well to cool down the home!
These Sellers rarely rented out their home over the past 11 years, so maintenance was owner supervised and it shows!
All 3 bedrooms are conveniently located downstairs, featuring a good sized master bdrm (king bed of course!) with an ocean view; pool view & a quick entrance to the pool thru the sliding glass doors. The attached walk-in closet is large enough for 2 styling folks, the master bath features a bathtub and an excellent shower with great pressure.
The 2nd bedroom for their daughter offers a comfy queen size bed; lots of shelving & closet space, and very close to the 2nd bathroom.
The 3rd bedroom offers the option: bedroom or office– featuring a “Sarchi” custom comfy Murphy bed for added room and comfort–or use the custom hardwood desk fulltime, your choice!!
Need a 4th bdrm? There are many easy ways to do this, either ground level in the big yard, attached to bdrm 2, or upstairs-by remodeling the deck, and enjoy facing the gorgeous Playa Hermosa!
The quality furniture & modern stainless steel appliances are included in the sale (except for personal items mentioned in the Inventory list), HOWEVER INCLUDED IS the best outdoor furniture you’ll ever experience, made by Castelle, known for handcrafted luxury outdoor patio furniture for over 40 years. Experience this quality both upstairs in the gorgeous deck & by the pool.
The N. American open style spacious living room & gourmet kitchen includes upgraded solid Costa Rican hardwood kitchen cabinetry; stainless steel appliances, high grade tile floors, stylish furnishings, xlnt air conditioning & extra kitchen space provided by the recently built Pantry/Laundry, which also includes a full size modern washer & dryer.
Extremely low annual property taxes ($800 annually) & NO hoa fees, are just a few of the amenities that come with this luxury beach front home. You’ll appreciate how your investment dollars will grow, especially since 2021, as Playa Hermosa was designated in 2021 as a World Surfing Reserve: THE FIRST IN CENTRAL AMERICA & the eleventh globally. The US non-profit organization “Save the Waves Coalition” granted this award, & now with Hermosa’s famous turtle egg-laying season, this guarantees this home/area as a tourist destination, forever! !
Do you crave gorgeous sunsets while walking on a beach? Or are you a beachcomber with a camera, & endless subject matter, with few people nearby, its almost like your own private beach, except of course for the v-shaped rows of 30 pelicans, as they glide down from up high to skim the waves. Perhaps you prefer witnessing 30 baby turtles clawing their way thru mama’s sandy nest, then make a mad dash to see who gets their first chance to catch waves as they boldly defy the vultures & hawks divebombing for their breakfast.
Yes the waves offer world class surfing, but remember that 2x daily are low tides, thus providing an excellent time for family frolicking in the surf.
For your convenience, in Hermosa, a short distance away by car or walking, there are two mini markets, 3 quality beachfront restaurants including Vida Hermosa with fun, music and great vibes and only 2 minutes away, you can walk from your living room & pick up the hot thin crusted pizza, at the Hotel Tramonto, offering other fine italian specialties too. Also in Hermosa are 2 other pizza delivery places, an excellent Sushi Bar, a quality ice-cream/gelato dessert place, as well as unique tourist souvenir stores just a few minutes away.
The best part is having the peace & quiet of Playa Hermosa yet only 11 minutes to the north, is Costa Rica’s most popular beach community of Jaco beach, offering practically everything, from air-conditioned movie theatre, hardware stores, nearby family attractions, wide variety of restaurants, bars & bakeries at all price points, stores of all types; medical services for humans & pets;
macrobiotic stores) plus our famous farmers’ market-feria on Thurs. & Fridays offering fresh juices, rangefed chicken-beef; bagels to tamales to german sausages xlnt real organic produce!
Golf anyone, 18 holes while seeing exotic animals? OR deep sea fishing? This is available only 18 minutes away in the famous Los Sueños Golf & Marina Resort!
Please note that 4 hours south of Playa Hermosa is the border with Panama, & almost all of the beachfront to the border lies in the “concession zone-zona maritima”. After 28 years here in Costa Rica, i would never allow a friend/relative buy in this restricted zone! Ask your lawyer about this, & yes, we have several bi-lingual attorneys that we trust!
Either as a retirement home, a second home or simply a great rental income generator as renters have learned to make their next year reservations early, Hermosa is like that!
Says the Sellers: “Hi Jeff, tell your clients
1) We did a fairly major remodeling of the house 8 years ago. All of the appliances were replaced, the kitchen was remodeled and the laundry room addition was made. We spent about $35,000 on the remodel & additional appliances. At that time we also replaced some of the furniture – couch, kitchen table, and the custom Murphy bed from the best place in Sarchi!.
We also added the back shed as well at that time.
2. The solar equipment is a 110 kW solar edge system that was installed in November 2013. The cost of installation was $31,500. One of the inverters was replaced about 5 years under warranty.
This solar system has paid for itself 1.5 times, by reducing our monthly bills since it’s installation!
3. The pool was partially retiled to replace some loose tile, and general maintenance was completed in 2021.
4. Since there is no HOA here, only 4 homes share the cost of local service providers:
Estimated Monthly expenses:
1) Annual property taxes for this beachfront home is a super deal, at $800 per year. Ahem yes only, $800, TITLED beachfront 1300m2/14,000sq.ft, w/ 3000 sqft well constructed/maintained home!
2) Guards are $250 per month per home!
3) Landscaping and pool $350 per month or do it yourself and save!
4) Our electrical costs are less than $200 per month and we are at the house full-time and use the AC religiously! BTW, we put on all windows, tinting to keep our home cool!
5) Water comes from CR’s system municipal system, AyA, it’s connected to the recently improved water delivery system from the road. Average monthly bill is $40!
6. We have put about $5000 into the roof in the past couple of years for a few sections that needed repair. Air conditioners were replaced in the last 4 years and are regularly maintained. The office
air conditioner might need to be replaced. A new dishwasher was installed last year.
We loved this home & this beach, and we know the next owners will too!”
Email to see our videos. Sorry, no owner financing!
WhatsApp: +506 8388-5055 used in Costa Rica-free int’l calls!
Office # 011 (506) 4700-1010